Submissions for this consultation have now closed.
The Transport Agency consulted on behalf of the Minister of Transport, on proposed amendments to the Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Rule 1999.
Read the media release regarding this consultation
In the interest of good government, openness and transparency, the complete cabinet paper can be viewed here:
Cabinet paper: Public consultation for amendments to the driver licensing rule(external link)
Proposed amendment Rule
The proposed amendments will:
- simplify and standardise the driver licensing system
- facilitate the move to a digital licensing environment
- improve the customer’s experience
- support the productivity of the commercial driving sector
- strengthen the driver training and testing regime.
This consultation had two parts:
The draft amendment Rule sets out only the proposed Rule changes and should be read together with the latest consolidated Driver Licensing Rule.
Submissions closed at 5pm on Friday 3 May 2019.