One of the ways Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency shows our care for our employees is through the benefits we provide. Our benefits are designed to support our people and provide a happy, healthy and high-performing environment.
against market rates
Flexible working options
Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness insurance scheme
4 weeks and 3 days annual leave or 5 weeks for People Leaders;
15 days sick leave after 3 years service
Annual flu vaccinations,
health checks and eye tests
Long service leave
- Paid parental leave.
- A wellbeing initiative supporting activities that make a difference to the physical and mental wellbeing of our people.
- Our employment agreement allows for the purchase of one additional week’s annual leave (with written agreement from your manager).
- KiwiSaver – The Government work-based saving initiative to help you save for your retirement. To check out your eligibility and find out more about the scheme please visit KiwiSaver(external link).
- The opportunity to have previous government service recognised towards annual and sick leave entitlements (conditional and criteria apply).
- An employee assistance programme (for free, confidential and independent help with any issues affecting your work or personal life).
- Discounted healthcare insurance through Southern Cross and UniMed Insurance.
Southern Cross(external link)
UniMed Insurance(external link)
- Regular social club events.
- The opportunity to join Marram Trust and access holiday homes throughout New Zealand at great rates, as well as financial assistance with healthcare.
Marram Trust(external link)
- Waka Kotahi has joined forces with Evo cycles to make it easier and cheaper for our employees to get their own electric bikes.
- Eligible for a discount off Microsoft365 subscriptions.
- LinkedIn Learning licence and free Learning and Development courses.
- Challenging work and doing new things that grow your career.
- Relocation reimbursement.
- Ergonomic desk assessments.
- Service recognition programme.
- A growing number of Employee led networks to promote and support the goals and needs of diverse communities.
Growing your potential
We want to you to be the best you can. Whether it’s on-the-job experience, signing up to a course, coaching opportunities, or secondments to other roles within Waka Kotahi – you can build a varied and successful career with us and grow your potential.