COVID-19 SERVICES UPDATE: Information for all alert levels, Waka Kotahi services and more

SCAM ALERTS: Report a phishing scam or learn about the latest phishing emails

ONLINE SERVICES: We currently have an issue with receiving some payments and are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.

EASTER WEEKEND – PLAN AHEAD: Heading away for the long weekend? Check our holiday journeys tool(external link)

SCAM ALERTS: Refund email and Vehicle licence (rego) renewal phishing emails

Construction machines are special vehicle types that run on tracks, rollers or wheels but are not forklifts. They are often used on construction sites and in the earth-moving industry.

Driving a construction machine on a road

To drive a construction machine on a road, you must have a driver licence for the appropriate class and the relevant driver licence endorsement.

Find out about getting an endorsement to drive a special vehicle

Operating construction machinery

To operate construction machinery, you must be trained to use it safely.

Find out more about the training options available through Infratrain, the training organisation for New Zealand's infrastructure industry.

Visit Infratrain's website(external link)