The NZ Transport Agency advises of the following closures for motorway improvements. Closures start at 9pm and finish at 5am, unless otherwise stated. Work delayed by bad weather will be completed at the next available date, prior to Friday, 12 October.
Northern Motorway (SH1)
- Curran Street northbound on-ramp 8 October
- Shelly Beach Road southbound off-ramp 10 October
- Southbound lanes between Upper Harbour Highway off-ramp and Tristram Avenue on-ramp 11 October (approx 10:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
- Upper Harbour Highway southbound on-ramp 11 October (approx 10:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
- Esmonde Road southbound on-ramp 7 - 8 October
Central Motorway Junction (SH1 & SH16)
- (SH1) Wellington Street northbound on-ramp 10 October
- (SH1) Southbound lanes between Shelly Beach Road off-ramp and Hobson Street on-ramp 9 October (approx 11:30p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
Southern Motorway (SH1)
- St Marks Road southbound on-ramp 7 - 11 October
- Southbound lanes between Gillies Avenue off-ramp and Greenlane on-ramp 7 October (approx 10:00p.m to 5:00a.m)
- Southbound lanes between Gillies Avenue off-ramp and Greenlane on-ramp 8 & 11 October (approx 11:00p.m to 5:00a.m)
- Northbound lanes between Greenlane off-ramp and Gillies Avenue on-ramp 7 October (approx 11:00p.m to 5:00a.m)
- Northbound lanes between Papakura off-ramp and Takanini on-ramp 7 October
- Papakura northbound off-ramp 7 October (subject to other closures in the area, please check prior to travelling)
- Southbound lanes between Ramarama off-ramp and Bombay on-ramp 7 - 11 October (approx 7:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
- Ramarama southbound on-ramp 7 - 11 October (approx 7:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
- Beaver Road southbound off-ramp 8 October
- Beaver Road southbound on-ramp 8 October
Northwestern Motorway (SH16)
- Eastbound lanes between Lincoln Road off-ramp and Te Atatu Road on-ramp 7 - 8 October
- Lincoln Road eastbound on-ramp 7 - 11 October
- Lincoln Road westbound off-ramp 7 - 9 October
Southwestern Motorway (SH20)
- SH20 northbound to SH20A westbound link 8 - 9 October (approx 10:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
- SH20 southbound to SH20A westbound link 8 - 9 October (approx 10:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
- Southbound lanes between Massey Road off-ramp and Puhinui Road on-ramp 7 October
- Massey Road southbound on-ramp 7 October
George Bolt Memorial Drive (SH20A)
- Westbound lanes between Kirkbride Road and Montgomerie Road 10 October (approx 10:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.)
Karaka Road (SH22)
- East and Westbound lanes on Karaka Road (SH22) between Great South Road and SH1 interchange 11 October.
The Wellington St on-ramp is opening Monday 8 October. This will create a change in road layout near the tunnel as northbound drivers once again merge with SH1. Please drive with care and patience as drivers get used to this change.
Papakura Interchange new northbound on-ramp opening Monday 8 October
Drivers from Karaka and Hingaia will no longer need to turn right in front of on-coming traffic to join the motorway, rather they will be taking the new northbound on-ramp previously known as Hilldene Road.
Motorists are urged to take care as they get use to the new layout and while work is continuing on the Papakura Interchange.
Please follow the signposted detours. The NZTA thanks you for your co-operation during these essential improvements and maintenance.
For more information visit www.aucklandmotorways.com(external link) or call 09 5200 200.