This is to let you know that State Highway 1 (SH1) over Newmarket will be closed overnight on Sunday 7 October 2012.
The motorway closure:
- is to enable the safe installation of the main span of the new Dilworth Footbridge across SH1 at the southern end of the Newmarket Viaduct
- has been scheduled for an off-peak time and during school holidays when traffic volumes will be reduced.
The motorway closure details for next weekend are:
- SH1 Motorway closure over Newmarket: Sunday 7 October 2012 overnight to early Monday morning
- 8:00pm - 5:00am: southbound closure from Gillies Ave off-ramp to Greenlane on-ramp
- 11:00pm - 5:00am: northbound closure from Greenlane off-ramp to Gillies Ave on-ramp
Detour routes are marked on the map below, are advertised this week on motorway electronic signboards, will be clearly signposted on the night of the closure and are available on our website: www.nzta.govt.nz/newmarketconnection.