These text messages say you need to do something like:
- renew your licence within the next 24 hours
- renew your driver licence, vehicle licence (rego) or vehicle registration
- pay your overdue tolls.
Here’s how you can tell it’s not a genuine text message from us:
- We don’t send text messages for these reminders.
- Links they include may look suspicious.
- The message comes from a +61 (Australia) or other overseas number.
Check the most common signs of a phishing scam
What to do if you’ve given your details to a scam
Report a phishing scam
March 2023 text message scam
March 2023 overdue tolls scam
September 2022 text message scam
September 2022 licence text message scam