Keen to help build the legacy? Come and be part of the Te Ahu a Turanga – Manawatū Tararua Highway.
Page last updated 6 March 2023
We are currently advertising the following positions:
- Civil Drainlayer
We are looking for an experienced Drainlayer to lead one of our teams. You'll have proven skills to lead a team to efficiently run a drainage crew. Experience working with all types of general drainage: sub-divisional through to box culvert installation, civil construction and everything in between.Close
Read more and apply on Trade Me(external link)
- Experienced Drainage Operator
Looking to make a real difference to New Zealanders' lives and supercharge your career in the process? We're on the hunt for drainage operators to join the Te Ahu a Turanga: Manawatū Tararua Highway team based in the mighty Manawatū.
What we're looking for
We are looking for experienced drainage operators, ideally with prior large-scale project experience.
While we provide a variety of training and advancement opportunities for all of our people, our ideal candidates will have:
- previous experience on relevant equipment 20t and excavators with GPS experience
- a current Class 2 drivers licence
- pipelaying and civil drainage experience
- a strong work ethic, and a willingness to muck in
- and, above all, a demonstrable commitment to health and safety.
What we offer
In addition to joining our exciting, friendly team culture, as an operator you’ll be offered:
- a 40-hour guaranteed working week - with the opportunity to work longer hours in the summer
- top tier hourly rates with the opportunity to progress on to a salary
- fully paid medical insurance and subsidies for your family
- excellent training and development opportunities.
Please send any expressions of interest and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.orgClose
- Training opportunities
Infrastructure Skills Centre - your first step to a future in construction. Register your interest for this six-week introductory construction course. The programme is a mix of in-class and hands-on sessions providing the basics of construction, from health and safety to traffic management, drainlaying, pavements and power tools. At the end of the ‘earn while you learn’ course, participants will have earned a New Zealand Certificate in Infrastructure Works – L2.
To find out more or enrol, email: email@example.com
About the course - info for applicants [PDF, 1.8 MB]Close
Work packs for businesses, subcontractors and consultants
If you’re a local business interested in work on the highway, please get in touch so we can contact you when an opportunity comes up in your field. Current work packs are listed below.
To register your interest as a consultant, subcontractor or supplier, please download and fill out the Expression of Interest form and email it to us.
Current work packs
We are seeking expressions of interest from local businesses for upcoming work on:
- central sculpture to roundabouts (16m tall weathering steel and SHS fabrication)
- art pieces for stopping places (laser cut weathering steel options)
- bored drains to batters.
Why work with us?
When you work on Te Ahu a Turanga you become part of the Te Ahu a Turanga whānau. We take health, safety and wellbeing personally and people always come first.
We have a commitment, wherever possible, to prioritise:
- Local employment, with the intention that Manawatū and Tararua locals make up 60% of our workforce.
- Māori and Pasifika employment with the intention that Māori and Pasifika people make up at least 30% of our workforce.
- Gender balance and diversity within our workforce.
We are a whānau-focused alliance and have a well-resourced and progressive wellbeing strategy that ensures people on the project are supported - from discounted kai boxes and gym memberships for you and your whānau, to an onsite nurse and access to health services.
If you have any other questions about working on the project, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org