Agricultural vehicles guide
Published: February 2017
Commercial drivers & operators
Guidance for specialists
Heavy vehicle operators
A guide for agricultural vehicles and their safe and legal use on New Zealand roads.
Applies to these vehicles:
- Agricultural tractors (including implements which are transported on tractors such as front-end loaders and mowers mounted on a three-point linkage).
- Agricultural trailers (including loader wagons, ploughs and rakes with their own road wheels).
- Self-drive agricultural machines (including combines, forage and grape harvesters, pea and corn harvesters, telescopic handlers, log harvesting equipment).
- Vehicle registration and licensing
- Road user charges (RUC)
- Key vehicle safety issues such as being a slow, large vehicle with projecting parts, towing connections and lighting
- Warrants and certificates of fitness (WoF/ CoF)
- Driver licensing
- Transport service licence (TSL)
- Work time and logbook requirements
- Fatigue management.